Dear CoverAGE reader,
In AGE June 2019 newsletter, you will learn more about:
- the outcome of the EU elections and what comes next
- older and younger people’s participation in the elections and voter preferences
- the strategic priorities of the EU by 2025, as outlined in the Sibiu Declaration
- the alarm raised jointly by AGE and other EU organisations on medicines shortages
- how to better match European Social Fund, Life-Long learning & active ageing
- older persons’ concerns on poverty & exclusion presented by AGE to EU Presidency & Commission
- the challenges of inclusive growth in care and financial services
- the joint campaign ‘EU4health’ calling for Europe to do more on health issues, and how you can support it!
- health inequalities among older LGBT people in the UK
- age-friendly environments in Poland
- how ageism is becoming a major topic in gerontological research
- the impact of new emerging technologies on the life of persons with disabilities
- and more…
This month’s Special Briefing deals with:
European citizens have elected their new Parliament.
What comes next for older persons?